- Please note: We are still trying to update this site as quickly as possible. Your time and patience is most appreciated.
Introduction and history of this mod
A spinoff of Rise of Kings: Chronicles, Bronze Dawn is a mod for the award-winning historical real-time strategy computer game Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots.
Unlike Rise of Kings which covers most of Eurasia from 888 to 1530CE, Bronze Dawn is projected to be more limited in its geohistorical focus: the Warring States Period and the Han-Chu Civil War that brought down the Qin dynasty in China. Players will be introduced NOT to a single Chinese nation, but one which is still in the very early stages of formation.
Learn more about this period of Chinese and Asian history by viewing the Timeline.
- A shorter and more lightweight version of Rise of Kings, using the same tech tree structure, but now concentrating on the Warring States and Qin periods in China.
- Chariot warfare: with the Late Bronze Age comes an age of chariot warfare: use powerful chariots to punish infantry armies, but watch out for cavalry.
- A different mercenary recruitment structure: certain mercenary pools are available only with certain governments for a number of factions.
- The powerful Nobles' Court can research special technologies and train elite warriors.
- Three different sets of regional units: Chinese, Nanman and Barbarian.
Screenshots of the mod