|Rise of Chivalry|
|Playable factions|| |
In CtW mode, colonies are overseas dependencies that can be created via small down payments of tribute. Each colony functions like additional "regions" to your holdings on the CtW map, and 10 of them are required to win the game. While you cannot attack your opponent's colonies, you can acquire them from defeated opponents or by purchasing them from other players with colonies.
- 1 List of colonies
- 1.1 Indentured colonies
- 1.2 Exploration-only colonies
- 1.2.1 Malindi
- 1.2.2 Zanzibar
- 1.2.3 Veracruz
- 1.2.4 Cabo da Boa Esperança
- 1.2.5 Sierra de Leão
- 1.2.6 Hispaniola
- 1.2.7 Cuba
- 1.2.8 Bermuda
- 1.2.9 Madeira
- 1.2.10 Saint-Domingue
- 1.2.11 São Vicente do Brasil
- 1.2.12 Nueva Vizcaya
- 1.2.13 Nueva Granada
- 1.2.14 Peru
- 1.2.15 Saint Helen of Pensacola
- 1.2.16 Formosa
- 1.2.17 Newfoundland
- 1.2.18 Fort-Caroline
- 1.2.19 Jamestown
- 1.2.20 Acadia
- 2 Winning a Strategic Victory
List of colonies
Below is a current list of possible colonies that can be created, and the names of factions that are able to acquire them.
Indentured colonies are connected to two territories - both territories must be flagged in order to bring it into existence.
Unlocked by: Gangetic Plain, Deccan
Unlocked by: Iceland, Norway
Unlocked by: Maghreb, Granada
Unlocked by: Manchuria, Kyushu
Founding each Colony costs 500 Tribute. All Indentured Colonies must first be founded in order to be able to purchase these.
Foundable by: Portugal, China
Foundable by: Portugal, China
Foundable by: Portugal, England, Spain
Cabo da Boa Esperança
Foundable by: China, Portugal
Sierra de Leão
Foundable by: England, Portugal, Spain
Foundable by: France, Spain, Norse)
Foundable by: France, Spain, Norse
Foundable by: England, Spain
Already in Portugal's possession in Late CtW
Available only to France, Spain, Norse
São Vicente do Brasil
Foundable by: Portugal, France, Norse
Foundable by: Spain, France, Norse, Scotland
Foundable by: Spain, England
Foundable by: Spain only - created by an exploration event
Saint Helen of Pensacola
Foundable by: Spain; France
Foundable by: China, Portugal, Spain
Note: AI China always seeks to colonise Formosa, and will continue colonising until it gets it.
Foundable by: Scotland, France, England, Spain, Portugal
Foundable by: France, Spain, Norse, Scotland
Foundable by: England, Spain)
Foundable by: England, France, Scotland, Norse
Winning a Strategic Victory
Colonies are required not just to produce tribute but to win. Once any faction has ten colonies in its name the game is over and that faction is declared the winner. AI factions have a predetermined personality towards colonies.
- Both Portugal and Spain are vigorous colonisers, investing their tribute continuously into colony growth.
- Burgundy and HRE will continuously beg England to sell colonies to it.
- Giving a colony to Burgundy, Spain and Portugal is acceptable as a peace offering.
- France will accept colonies sold to it at rock-bottom value.
- Scotland and Portugal will frequently beg France to sell colonies.
- Other factions won't solicit them but welcome them.
The best way to win might be possibly the following:
- Take over Africa and Southern Asia as quickly as possible. This opens up access to the Indian Ocean colonies of the Spice Islands, Lanka, and Socotra.
- Next invade Iberia. You will need Seville to control the Canarias, bumping up your colony score to 4. Lastly, if you are playing as a colonial power, try to save your tribute and use it to buy a vassal or to purchase supplies for an overseas expedition. It will not be easy - you will need to wait for a while before this becomes a possibility. You must also keep France, England, Scotland and Denmark alive.
- Once they start founding colonies, then you can begin attacking them and taking their colonies one by one, or by buying them off. This will bring the entire game to an end!