1. Download the file from either one of these download sites:
(all links save for Moddb are routed through adf.ly advertising)
2. Find your Steam folder, and open up the folder "Rise of Nations" (this folder should contain the "rise.exe" file)
3. Dump the contents of the archive file you downloaded into this folder. The contents should create or move into a new folder, "mods", while a new script will appear in your "scenario/cripts"folder.
4. Start up EE and set up a new Quick Battle game. Begin by selecting Rise of Kings from the mods dropdown list......
5. To activate the custom script, set the Game Rules to "Custom".
- THEN select the script from the dropdown below:
From this point, you can now select the following modes:
6. Put in your factions, your preferred gameplay modes and you're now ready to launch into one of the most ambitious modifications for RoNEE yet.
No content from the vanilla version would be affected, however, if you had any non-Workshop based mods for Rise of Kings, their content in "Rise of Nations/mods" may be affected.
(for a full-on graphical manual please visit either Shoutwiki, or download this pdf)