The French have the power of Chivalry.
While the French are not really a rush civ per se given that their units are all given towards having more hitpoints and speed, the economic and technological bonuses at France's fingertips make it more suited to a wait-and-see game. The abilities to build your first wonder and research your first government instantaneously can be used to France's advantage in picking your new strategy as quickly as possible.
Faction Type: Catholic
- First Wonder is built instantly, provided no other nation is building it also
- Start with 1 Science Tech already researched
- Recieve a free Scholar whenever a new University is built
- Military ground units upgrade 25% cheaper
- Receive +3 Food, Timber, Metal, and Wealth for every non-Scout Barracks unit while they are not garrisoned
- Governments at the Senate are free
NB: France is not able to build Order Knights from the Nobles' Court.
- Greater Quevilly
- St Stephen's of Rouvray
- Louis XII
- Eleanor of Aquitane
- Thibault de Blois
- Robert the Pious
- Phillipe Auguste
- Étienne "La Hire" of Vignolles
- John of Harcourt
- Anna Vreizh