The Japanese have the power of Bushido.
Japan is highly militarised, with very little in the way of culture save for its higher population cap and its cities, which are accustomed to overseas trade with China, Ryukyu and the Choson. Although Nihon has very fertile soil and the seas provide an excellent bounty for the people, land is still nevertheless scarce, and so competition between the clans is always prevalent. Nevertheless, this scarcity of resources means that Nihon is home to master craftsmen as well as warriors, and so the weapons, armour and training Japanese warriors receive tend to be of very good quality.
Faction Type: Asian
- Forts 50% cheaper, built 25% faster and available from the start.
- Fort research is free
- Forts exert +3 bonus on national borders
- Heavy infantry created 10% cheaper and 10% faster
- Militarised Society : Start with 1 level of Military technology already researched.
- Cities gather +15 wealth
- Receive free heavy infantry every time a New barrack is built:
- 1 at Dark Age;
- 2 with Castle Age plus 3 Military Research; and
- 3 with Imperial Era plus 5 military research.
(Japan can't create gunpowder units)
- Dojo (Academy)
- Imperial City
- Angkor Wat (wonder)
- Bamiyan Buddhas (wonder)
- Confucian Academy (wonder)
- Porcelain Tower (wonder)
- Oda Nobunaga,
- Ashikaga Takauji
- Minamoto no Yoritomo
- Taira no Masakado
- Fujiwara no Sumitomo
- Fujiwara no Michinaga