Complete list of prerequisite technologies:
- Science Level 2 (Natural Law)
- Civics Level 5 (Sovereignty)
- Commerce Level 2 (Cartography)
- Military Level 4 (Standing Army)
Buildings required: sawmill, castle, tower, university, house of worship
So the powerful and strong units of the Nobles' Court are available only to the most advanced and complex of societies!
- 1 Units trained
- 2 Upgrades
- 3 Others
Asian and Muslim factions have the ability to recruit very powerful and specialised agents from the nobles' court. Although most of them have different abilities, one trait that they do share is the ability to perform assasinations against any and all units, including spies.
- Imperial legates are Asian agents which have extra hitpoints and craft. While they are cloaked when moving, they are also capable of detecting hidden units, neutralising enemy spies, and assassination.
- Monomi are the ultimate agent, and are a Japanese unique unit upgrade of the Imperial legate. They are faster, have the most hitpoints and craft, and are capable of performing assasinations, counterintelligence and sabotage missions.
|Armed Clergyman||Light swordsmen||
||Lay Knight||Light swordsmen|
|Holy Order Marshall||Medium raiding cavalry||
|Sergeant||Medium raiding cavalry||
||Holy Order Sergeant||Light swordsmen||
- Grants access to advanced units from the barracks and the stable, and obsoletes various foot mercenaries for various factions, notably:
- Units upgraded with Centralisation are costlier to create, but their abilities over Dark Age and Castle units must be attested. A Man-at-Arms may cost more than normal knights, but the strength of their armour, their mounts and their killing power simply cannot be ignored!
Muslim units and techs
|Mamluk Lancer||Heavy cavalry||Ghilman Cavalry||Medium raiding cavalry|
|Tabardiyyah Infantry||Heavy polearms infantry||Fedayeen||Super agent|
Fedayeen are Muslim agents which can only bribe other units, but have extra hitpoints and craft, are cloaked when moving, and have a very high attack that can kill most units in one hit. It is to be noted that an exact replica of this unit, known as the hashishin, are recruitable by some non-Muslim factions (notably Venice and Russia) as mercenary units, and also feature greatly in some CtW scenarios.
- Increases knowledge accumulation to the highest possible maximum without wonders
- Houses of worship won't convert in enemy territory
- Opens access to a select corps of military units.
- Imperial Legate
|Noyan||Super cavalry archer||
||Keshig Guard||Super cavalry archer|
|Ghilman Cavalry||Medium raiding cavalry|
|Royal Hounds||Light swordsmen|
"The Empire is a family of which the Emperor is the father."
- Requires: Asceticism from house of worship; Land Law from Granary.
- For Japan, Divine Mandate allows access to several units: the Monomi; Saburai Cavalry, Saburai Archers and Foot Saburai fron the Nobles' Court; and Ashigaru from the Barracks, upgraded into a Dojo.
- Grants the use of the following buildings:
- Munitions Ministry (China and Serbia)
- Constabulary (China, Mongolia, Armenia)
- Dojo (Japan)
- Naval Cantonment (China, Japan)
- Chapterhouse (Byzantium, Serbia, Russia)
- Magistracy (Byzantium, Serbia, Armenia, Russia)
- Eunuch's Court (Byzantium, China)
- Imperial City (China, Mongolia, Japan)
- Bastion (all)
- Stronghold (Mongolia, China)
- Royal Hounds