Nobles' Court/Bronze Dawn
A Nobles' Court is a special building which hosts religion-related units and technologies. Historically, these buildings would constitute parliaments or quarters for the nobility, and could be used by the sovereign to enact laws and to restrain the unruliness of the aristocracy by forcing them to dwell near the capital, where they could be better moderated.
Only the Chinese factions of Bronze Dawn, alongside the Sakas and the Kushans, may build Nobles' Courts, and they require:
- Iron Age
- Masonry from Assembly
- Taxation from Granary
So the powerful and strong units of the Nobles' Court are available only to the most advanced and complex of societies!
Asian and Muslim factions have the ability to recruit very powerful and specialised agents from the nobles' court. Although most of them have different abilities, one trait that they do share is the ability to perform assasinations against any and all units, including spies.
- Imperial legates are Asian agents which have extra hitpoints and craft. While they are cloaked when moving, they are also capable of detecting hidden units, neutralising enemy spies, and assassination.
- Monomi are the ultimate agent, and are a Japanese unique unit upgrade of the Imperial legate. They are faster, have the most hitpoints and craft, and are capable of performing assasinations, counterintelligence and sabotage missions.
- Guardsmen (heavy swordsmen)
- Heavy Axe Infantry
- War Chariot, Heavy Chariot (Chian'ki, Tolun-Chian'ki)
- Ongkiong-Oei'si-Khipeng (Chinese Guard Cavalry)
- Tiong-Kek-P'openg (Heavy Ji Infantry)
- Tiong'n'lo-Sekpeng (Heavy Crossbowmen)
Indo-Aryan (for Saka, Kushans)
- Heavy Axemen
- Kamboja Asvaka Ksatriya
- Hoplitai Indohellenikoi
- Yavana Kadhgadhara
- Sahiya Hadabara,
- Aursa Wazdatta
- Elephantes Indikoi 
Muslim units and techs
|Mamluk Lancer||Heavy cavalry||Ghilman Cavalry||Medium raiding cavalry|
|Tabardiyyah Infantry||Heavy polearms infantry||Fedayeen||Super agent|
Fedayeen are Muslim agents which can only bribe other units, but have extra hitpoints and craft, are cloaked when moving, and have a very high attack that can kill most units in one hit. It is to be noted that an exact replica of this unit, known as the hashishin, are recruitable by some non-Muslim factions (notably Venice and Russia) as mercenary units, and also feature greatly in some CtW scenarios.
"Believers, be steadfast and guard your borders."
- Increases knowledge accumulation to the highest possible maximum without wonders
- Houses of worship won't convert in enemy territory
- Opens access to a select corps of military units.
- Imperial Legate
|Noyan||Super cavalry archer||
||Keshig Guard||Super cavalry archer|
|Ghilman Cavalry||Medium raiding cavalry|
|Royal Hounds||Light swordsmen|
Attrition upgrades increase the damage that enemy units will suffer in your territory, and are also required for some militia units.
|NAME||GRANTS ACCESS TO||COST||LEADS TO|
"The Empire is a family of which the Emperor is the father."
Note: Level 3 is attainable only with Imperial Mandate.
- Requires: Asceticism from house of worship; Land Law from Granary.
- For Japan, Divine Mandate allows access to several units: the Monomi; Saburai Cavalry, Saburai Archers and Foot Saburai fron the Nobles' Court; and Ashigaru from the Barracks, upgraded into a Dojo.
- Grants the use of the following buildings:
- Munitions Ministry (China and Serbia)
- Constabulary (China, Mongolia, Armenia)
- Dojo (Japan)
- Naval Cantonment (China, Japan)
- Chapterhouse (Byzantium, Serbia, Russia)
- Magistracy (Byzantium, Serbia, Armenia, Russia)
- Eunuch's Court (Byzantium, China)
- Imperial City (China, Mongolia, Japan)
- Bastion (all)
- Stronghold (Mongolia, China)
- Royal Hounds